Summer Internships Available!
ETA: Summer internship positions have been filled! Thanks to all who applied!
We appreciate all of the help and volunteer time our supporters have given us over the past year and a half. We have several exciting opportunities available this summer! We are looking for individuals willing to serve as interns for CRHE on a part-time as-available basis. While we cannot fund these positions (i.e. you will not be paid), these internships will provide you with valuable experience and can be listed on a resume or job application.
We have two internship positions available: social media intern and research intern. To apply, please fill out our CRHE Internship Application. We will be accepting applications through Monday, May 25th. All internships will take place remotely, so a strong internet connection is required.
Social media intern
As social media intern it will be your job to update our Facebook and Twitter accounts, flag any questionable material, and participate in social media events. You will gain experience in managing social media that may be attractive to a future or current employer. Some familiarity with Facebook and Twitter is recommended.
- post on social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter) for both CRHE and HIC
- summarize HIC cases for Twitter and post excerpts on Facebook
- flag inappropriate comments on Facebook pages
- be available for scheduled social media events (such as a twitter rally)
- maintain pleasant, appropriate public demeanor even when talking about difficult subjects
Time commitment: 5-10 hours a week, 1-2 hours per weekday
As research intern it will be your job to assist with a variety of research projects as guided by your interests. We are interested in taking on more than one research intern, so you will have some input in what projects you’ll be working on. You will gain experience with research, data entry, and working both independently and as part of a team that may be attractive to a future or current employer. Some familiarity with using google drive is recommended but not required.
- Assist research team in gathering and preparing data
- Research entries for HIC
- Collect media contact information
- Assist with various projects for CRHE as needed
- Able to work independently with little supervision
Time commitment: 5-15 hours a week, flexible schedule
- My COVID-19 Homeschooling Journey - 30 March, 2020
- It’s Okay: Thoughts from a Homeschool Grad Turned COVID-19 Homeschool Parent - 18 March, 2020
- Letter from our Executive Director - 6 January, 2020