Volunteer for CRHE
Thank you for your willingness to volunteer! At CRHE, volunteers take on important tasks and enable our organization to have a far wider reach than we could without them. We appreciate you volunteering your time!
We want to ensure that all of our volunteers have the opportunity to take on tasks that stretch them and leave them with new skills. Make sure your volunteer coordinator and/or supervisor (these will sometimes be the same person) know the professional areas you would like to develop further, in addition to the skills you already have.
We work hard to build a sense of community and connectedness within CRHE. When you volunteer with us, you become part of a team:
- Social Media Collective: Write tweets and posts; gather articles relevant to our mission for sharing; schedule tweets and posts; monitor our social media feeds; help develop, write, and publish our monthly newsletter.
- Writing Club: Take on the monthly newsletter, create timely press releases, ensure the state pages are up to date, or help write some research.
- HIC Detectives: Homeschooling’s Invisible Children is a database of severe and fatal homeschool abuse cases. Our volunteers identify additional cases; conduct additional research to nail down details; and correspond with reporters.
- Legislative Tracking Network: Keep track of legislation across the country (or internationally). Update a spreadsheet of where bills are at and what they entail.
- Research Division: Get into the nitty gritty of collecting and analyzing data.
- IT Guild: Help maintain, update, or improve the online infrastructure of CRHE.
Note: CRHE offers a wide variety of ways to volunteer, and we’re flexible. If you have an idea that isn’t listed here, feel free to pitch it to us!